Through a simple introduction video, you can connect with our users better and show off your personality or even your experience in action – be it you in your pottery workshop, you with your products or you with your outdoor students at the beachfront!
A host introduction video should last between 15 to 30 seconds. You can shoot the video on your smartphone camera. No fancy equipment needed!
Here’s an example of a Verlocal Host Intro Video:
Follow these simple instructions to get started.
The video should only be 15 to 30 seconds long.
Step 1 – Write out what you are going to say with this script:
- Say hi – “Hey, my name is Tim …”
- What do you offer on Verlocal – “I teach the ins and outs of Design through use of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch in my weekly community design class.”
- Why are passionate about what you do? – “I’ve always had an interest in how design effects the way we interact with day to day products and I love teaching design with individuals who share the same interests.”
- Invite them to your next class – “Design is awesome, check it for yourself in my next class!”
“Hey, my name is Tim and I teach the ins and outs of Design through the use of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch in my weekly community design class. I’ve always had an interest in how design effects the way we interact with day to day products and I love teaching design with individuals who share the same interests. Design is awesome, check it for youself in my next class!”
Step 2 – Find a well-lit and quiet location for your backdrop. It is your chance to show where you work or your passion resides.
- You can use as the setting of the video – a class in action, where you usually teach the class or talk with the crafts you make or product displayed in front or beside you.
- Use your creativity!
Step 3 – Take a video with your smartphone in landscape mode.
- Take your video in either Full HD (1920 X 1080) or HD (1280 X 720).
- Make sure you take the video in landscape mode.
- Ensure that the sound is clear and that you project your voice when you speak.
Final Step – Send it to us!
- Upload your video onto youtube.com or vimeo.com.
- Send us the link to the video at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hosts who have a video will be more likely to get featured in our marketing campaigns, social media and email newsletter.
We will also be implementing a video section for your host profile + listing page where all these intro videos will be shown.
Feel free to leave comments below if you have questions about how to make the video or need any advice!
Share your thoughts now.